Taking a bath has always been my go-to when I need some 'me' time to relax and unwind. Besides relaxing (which is very important!), bathing has many health benefits...
- Taking a warm (not hot) bath and submerging yourself past your chest makes the heart beat faster to circulate more blood as your body warms up and your blood vessels dilate. The heart is given a work out, the blood vessels work better and circulation is improved (especially to the limbs). For those who are healthy and without any pre-existing heart conditions, a warm bath can improve cardiac function and lower blood pressure.
- Submerging in warm water up to the neck for 20 minutes helps heat to penetrate deep into the muscles for a deeply relaxing experience.
- The steam from a warm bath can help clear your sinuses and respiratory tract for easier breathing.
- Water buoyancy can help reduce the pain associated with inflammatory diseases, such as arthritis
- Relaxing in a bath can improve your mood by reducing stress and anxiety levels and calming the nervous system
- Bathing in warm water opens our pores, assisting with the bodies natural detoxifying processes whilst at the same time hydrating us from the outside in
The best part about a bath is getting to add luscious products that really turn it into a pampering experience! Weleda's Rosemary Invigorating Bath Milk is one such product. The fragrant rosemary essential oil stimulates the body and senses whilst the bath warms the body - driving away the feeling of tiredness, leaving you revitalised and on the ball!
This month only you can purchase this divine bath milk for only $19.95* - that's a whopping $10 saving per bottle!!
Just follow this beautiful Bathing Ritual that will leave you feeling pampered and revitalised:
- Run a warm water bath and pour 2-3 capfuls of the bath milk into the running water (a water temperature of 37°C/98°F is recommended)
- Whilst the bath is running, grab yourself a cup of your favourite herbal tea or red wine
- Light as many candles as you wish to create an ambient setting
- If you have a diffuser, diffuse a couple of drops of essential oils into the air (my favourite is lavender and ylang ylang)
- Softly play some relaxing music (a great track that I am absolutely loving at the moment is Marconi Union's "Weightless" (click on the link to be taken to the track on youtube)
- Step into the bath and enjoy!
* while stocks last